Monday, April 14, 2014

Failure is not an option.




I’ll never forget the first time that question was posed to me. I had just started a business mentoring the success of others. It really made me think, it made me analyse my progress, and ultimately it shaped my thought process. I had it printed on my business cards, and I knew every time I passed one of those BC's on I would potentially change someone’s life; or at the very least their mindset about their own success.

There comes a point where we need to sit up and recognize that we are enough. That we have what it takes. That at the end of the day we matter, and are worth it. That failure is not an option.

This moment, may be fleeting, it might settle, and if we are really lucky it becomes who we are. If we are lucky we completely give in and let it consume us.

That said I've been asked a lot in the past week what changed? What got me here? What was the tipping point? It’s really hard to explain, but I committed to me. It’s not the momentum of results. It’s not the feel-good-post-workout-euphoria that feels like it’s in a permanent linger. It’s also not the endless rails of short skirts that are waiting for me.     Unwavering commitment is honestly the key that opened the tower and saved the princess. I committed to me. I gave my everything to my journey. I had blind faith in my "mentors" and I never held anything back. At some point along the way I realised I was worth it. That failure was not an option.

Another chapter out of my book of secrets is action. Please do not be fooled for a nano-second. Motivation and action very rarely come in that order. It’s all great, fare and well to want to get up and thrash a workout, but you actually have to get up and start. Get where I am going here?

 Action is needed before we can surpass anything, amount to anything, or change anything. It can be the tiniest inclination, or the decision that the buck stops right here. However it comes about; value that piece of self realisation as though it was a Louis Vuitton luggage set. 

Ask yourself some real questions.

You're inspired? Great, but are you motivated? Is what you want a firm belief within you, or just something that’s a swindling hope for the future? What will you give up in order to taste success?

Have you laid down the foundation? Or are you just scratching the surface?

Where are the goal posts? And this is a scary question. Are you the striker, or the goalie? Think about that for a minute.

Where is your fire? Where is your power? Where is the fighter in you?
Find it, all of it. That is what is going to change your life.

You have much to contribute to the world. You know what's in your heart. You know the passion that burns inside you.

You are worth it.
You are worth fighting for.

Believe it. Own it. Become it.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful article Michelle! LOVE it! You have grown so much...wow!!

    ReplyDelete