Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Magic and Wonder


It takes something larger than life to completely knock the wind out of me, and render me speechless. It takes something pretty damn crazy and radical. I generally scream louder than a teenage Bieber fan when I'm happy, excited or over the flippen moon. So speechless is a serious achievement. Two men, ( Carl Mason-
Liebenberg and Chris Walsh of 360XBT) did exactly that, with great success on April 10th.

My apologies to both of them for taking so long to write this piece of mind blown appreciation, but its taken than long for me to get my head and heart around it. You see the problem with a lack of communciation between those two elements means that it takes a while (and possibly a delicious glass of Delheim Cabernet Sauvignon) for things to fully sink in. Well sink in and actually write about it, which has been the more recent problem.

It's so important to believe and want amazing thing, but even the magic loving hopeless romantic in me could never have thought this up.

What happened? In a moment, my reality shifted, my heart lifted, my dreams prevailed, and a part of me was changed forever. 



I can not describe the feeling when I saw that. I have actually never felt it. A massive humbling cocktail of pride, elation, realness, euphoria, and absolute magic. Even though I've had some time to process this, it's still pretty surreal. I still feel like I'm wrapped in a cloud of Issey Miyake scented Candy Floss. 

If I look back I really am quite blown away by my progress and everything that transformed within me. I have never ever been this committed to anything for this long, or seen results like this. I've gone as far as saying this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. This has been boundlessly proven time and time again.


Three months of giving my absolute all afforded me more than I could have dreamed of.
And no. I don't mean just winning.

The thing is, I was just real, and being me. I was just pushing myself harder than I ever have. Going about my day to day. I never once expected that. Truth be told, when I started the program I just wanted change. I wanted to see a new face, and smaller reflection. If I have to think about why I started, that would need to be my answer. Change. As you know I had a mother of a Quarter Life Crisis . It was not pretty, there was so much inner turmoil I felt like I was drowning. There were  elements of my life that desperately needed changing, that I was devastatingly unhappy with. I needed new challenges, new thinking, new commitment, new passion. As it were I was looking in all the wrong places.

 Although 360XBT didn't fill in all the gaps, or make the complete changes I felt I necessary, it certainly ensured I realized my limits, and  gave me more perspective than I knew I needed. Its given me a sense of achievement, motivation and happiness that permeates throughout my life. Its given me a sense of self and personal growth that is all consuming. There is something incredible in finding strength within yourself that you never saw before, in seeing just how much you have changed.

I believed in magic, and that amazing things were possible. I stepped up, and made it count. I changed my head, my heart and in turn my life. Still a long way to go, and I feel like I'm only just beginning. Which is silly, I know. Ultimately though I now know what lies within me, and I know that I have barely scratched the surface.

6 comments:

  1. An absolutely YOUR beginning Mich...a well deserved win - feeling that magic inspired and motivated you to get to this point...may THAAAAAT faboosh magic continue hun...mighty proud of you! So get beneath that surface indeed - for the best is yet to come xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Prava for your amazing words! There is so much more ahead, this is indeed just a tiny scratch of the surface! So much more ahead and I am beyond ready for it! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is SO all good!!!! You are a FAB person Michelle!!! Thank you for sharing your journey!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coach D! Thank you hunni, it would be a shame not to share my journey / head space, you never know who needs a nudge while on theirs.

      Delete
  3. Michelle...I cannot tell you what an honor, what a ecstatic feeling it was to make that announcement...but the reality of it was and is, that we watched you in awe as you transformed...you truly consumed 360XBT and what it offered and you applied it heart and soul...and that is what really makes you a winner...its awesome to provide some cash for a job well done but it is so flipping amazing to see the new you in action...you are a star in so many ways!! And I cannot wait to see what you achieve from here! Love being a part of that journey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carl. You truly took me aback with that comment. Never once did I think how much of an impact 360XBT could have had on my life. The beginning of a long, most amazing journey! Thank you once again for all that you do! xxx

      Delete